At NJL solicitors we understand it can be an extremely distressing time when you have lost someone close to you and our intention is to provide a sensitive and sympathetic service when you need it most.
If you are a Personal Representatives of someone who has passed away you may find you are left with challenging responsibilities when obtaining probate.
NJL solicitors aim to relieve the burden of ‘obtaining Probate’ and assist you to ensure the wishes of the deceased are followed.
We offer practical advice and can help with:
- Calculating the size of the estate
- Establishing if Inheritance Tax is payable
- Completion of the Inheritance Tax forms
- Preparation of the appropriate Oath to enable the Grant of Probate to be obtained (if the deceased left a Will) or
- Obtaining a Grant of Letters of Administration if the deceased died without making a Will or left a Will appointing no Executors.
- Closing Bank and Building Society Accounts
- Transferring or selling any stocks or shares
- Transferring or selling any land owned by the deceased
- Obtaining the proceeds of any Life Assurance Policies
- Distributing the assets in accordance with the Will, or the rules of intestacy, if the deceased did not leave a Will.
Our probate services involve guiding you through the whole of the process and making it as simple and straightforward as possible for you.
We will not baffle you with legal jargon or confuse you with unnecessary letters; we will just take care of the estate as efficiently as possible for you.
We are here to help you and look forward to doing so.
For a free no-obligation initial consultation, please call today or use our online enquiry form.
Call us free on 01782 510248
Ask A Question
Use our online enquiry form
for free legal advice